Thursday, 1 May 2014

Me-Made-May 2014 - My Pledge

I've put a lot thought in to my pledge for Me-Made-May this year. I didn't want to do it just because it was there, so I've thought about the time I have and what's realistic as well as challenging.

My basic pledge is,

'I, Philippa of Gloria & Me, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear 1 self stitched garment 5 days of the week for the duration of May 2014'.

Additionally,

* I will complete any outstanding alterations/repairs/refashions promised to my daughter (blush!) before starting any new projects and in any event before the end of May;

* I will finish the sewing on my list so that I have enough basics before I undertake any new projects (this means sewing an apron and a denim skirt - the long sleeved t- shirts are complete and will be blogged soon), and complete them before the end of May. I know Me-Made-May is primarily about making the most of what you already have, but I think it will give me the extra motivation I need;

* I will blog all completed items before I start any new projects and publish the posts before the end of May.

Also, I'm tailoring my participation in light of last year's experiences.

I will post one photograph per week on the Flickr group, and put one round up post at the end of the month on my blog (unless I find something stunningly original to say). I may put more photos on the Flickr group, but I will not feel bad if I can't achieve this.

Next year I would love to have enough me-made clothes to pledge wearing them seven days a week - we will see! In the meantime, I can't wait to share the ups (and potentially, downs!) of Me-Made-May with you all :) 

Happy Me-Made-May you guys!

Philippa x

7 comments:

  1. These are great pledges. I should be making the same pledge to blog completed items before starting a new one! Hope you have fun this May! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not pledge twins at all! Yours is quite rigorous, finishing all of your projects, your list, and blogging. I'll be very curious to see how the rest of your sewing year shapes up after your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the similarity in the reduced documentation, I realised quite quickly last year that if I was wearing the same few things in rotation, with just say a different scarf for variation, it wasn't going to make very interesting viewing for anyone :)

      Delete
  3. What discipline! Finishing current items before starting on new projects? You are a better woman that I! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go that far! We'll see how it goes x

      Delete
  4. Wow - those are very impressive pledges! Looking forward to seeing all you achieve in May :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas Philippa! I know you can do it!! Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete